December 12, 2012 – Oklahoma City, Okla. – By Christina Brezack – The sky is the limit for the record-breaking Topsail Whiz, as he becomes the first, and only, National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) Nine Million Dollar Sire. His offspring at the 2012 NRHA Futurity made this feat possible by earning over $72,500 to push his Offspring Earnings to new heights. Those money-earners include: CC Chica Whiz (owned by Brent Loseke), CJ Whiz (owned by Euro-Vets Inc.), Hot Chic Whiz (owned by Bob Loomis), USS Whiz (owned by St-Onge Reining Horses Inc.), Whiz Starbrite (owned by Amabile & Strusiner), Whizen Starlight (owned by Robert Peterson) and Whizzer Whiz (owned by Xtra Quarter Horses, LLC). Topsail Whiz’s official NRHA Offspring Earnings are $9,030,000.
Bob Loomis Reining Horses’ Topsail Whiz (Topsail Cody x Jeanie Whiz Bar by Cee Red) is an NRHA Hall of Famer who earned $49,865 in the NRHA show ring. His successes included an All American Quarter Horse Congress Junior Reining Championship, 1991 NRHA Lazy E Classic Open Championship, a third place finish in the 1990 NRHA Open Futurity, and a fourth place finish in the 1991 NRHA Derby. In 2009, the reining community mourned the loss of this great stallion when he was humanely euthanized at Loomis’ ranch in Marietta, Okla.
Topsail Whiz’s top money earners include:
- The Great Whiz (out of Pines BH by Great Pine): $256,500 NRHA LTE, owned by NRHA Million Dollar Owner Lance Griffin. 2003 NRHA Futurity Open Champion and 2003 Canadian Reining Breeders Classic Champion.
- Easy Otie Whiz (out of Miss Poco Easy by My Lucero): $233,600 NRHA LTE, owned by Bobbie Cook and Outwest Stallion Station LLC. 2002 NRHA Futurity finalist, 2003 NRHA Derby Level 4 Open finalist, 2004 NRHA Derby Level 3 Non Pro Champion, 2004 NRHA Derby Level 4 Non Pro finalist and 2006 FEI World Equestrian Games Team Gold Medalist.
- Whizkey N Diamonds (out of Princess In Diamonds by Shining Spark): $216,300 NRHA LTE, owned by CDR Farms and Rhodes River Ranch. 2011 NRHA Derby Co-Reserve Open Champion, 2009 NRHA Futurity Open third place finalist and 2012 American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) Senior Reining World Champion.
- Walla Walla Whiz (out of Shiney Walla Wanda by Shining Spark): $187,800 NRHA LTE, owned by NRHA Million Dollar Owner Arcese Quarter Horses USA. 2007 NRHA Derby Open Champion and two-time National Reining Breeders Classic (NRBC) finalist.
- Star Spangled Whiz (out of Sheza Shady Slider by Shining Spark): $175,300 NRHA LTE, owned by Bevilacqua Quarter Horses. 2009 NRHA Open World Champion, 2008 NRHA Open Reserve World Champion and 2008 Italian Reining Horses Association Futurity Open Champion.
- Whizard Jac (out of Bees Honey Jac by Hollywood Jac 86): $155,200 NRHA LTE, owned by William and Dawn Pohl. 2012 NRHA Million Dollar Sire, 1996 NRHA Futurity Open Champion and first-ever USEF Reining Championship winner.
- Remin Whiz (out of Sure Remedy by Docs Remedy): $145,700 NRHA LTE, owned by Lucy Van Swearingen. 2002 AQHA Junior Reining World Champion and two-time NRHA Derby Open finalist and two-time NRBC Open finalist.
- Topgun Whiz (out of Ms Tidy Jac by Hollywood Jac 86): $145,600 NRHA LTE, owned by Leonardo Arcese. 1998 NRHA Futurity Limited Open Champion, 1999 NRHA Derby Open Champion and 1999 NRBC Open Reserve Champion.
Topsail Whiz is also the sire of four NRHA Million Dollar Sires: Conquistador Whiz, West Coast Whiz, Whizard Jac and Whiz N Tag Chex.
Incorporated in 1966, the National Reining Horse Association is the standard-setting body for the sport of Reining. NRHA, with their International Headquarters in Oklahoma City, is responsible for promoting the sport of Reining and working to ensure the highest standards of competition. To learn more about the NRHA, its programs and family of corporate partners, visit nrha.com.