Equine education, management tips and resources all on your iOS mobile device
MADISON, N.J., May 30, 2013 — Horse owners can track and share rides with friends, get the latest equine news and log vaccinations, deworming and dental exams with the EQStable™ app, by Zoetis.
“The EQStable app was developed by horse owners, for horse owners. The Zoetis Equine Team is excited to share this tool that allows you to create a virtual stable on your phone, making it easy to manage your horse’s health care while being fun at the same time,” said Kate Russo, marketing manager, U.S. Cattle and Equine Marketing, Zoetis. “Plus, with EQStable, you can track and share your favorite rides and stay up to date with the latest equine news from TheHorse.com.”
The EQStable app is available to download for free in the Apple® App Store® and includes the following key features.
• My Stable prompts horse owners for information about their horse or herd to create individual horse profiles and manage their needs, from vaccinations and exercise to shoeing and deworming. The app automatically creates reminder alerts for upcoming events or appointments.
• Track My Ride gives riders the opportunity to track and save their rides with a ride history log. Riders can name each route and specify the horse they rode and share their ride with friends on Facebook®.
• Calendar stores dates of competitions, horse health appointments and events.
• TheHorse.com News lists the latest equine industry stories, which users can read with one easy click.
• Horse Health features tips on deworming, vaccination, dentistry and shoeing for a horse or herd.
• GlobalVetLINK provides on-the-go access to digital health certificates (eCVIs), digital EIA (Coggins) certificates and GoPass® six-month passports.
• Products lists photos and general information about each Zoetis product.
• Settings lets horse owners tailor their social media share settings and which alerts they want to receive for appointments, events and notifications.
• Notifications allows horse owners to receive important information, updates and promotions.
Another feature coming soon:
• Veterinarian Finder, powered by GlobalVetLINK, will provide an interactive map to search for equine veterinarians and gas stations within a specified area.
“We all want to maximize our time in the saddle, which requires a healthy horse. The EQStable app can help you achieve both by centralizing pertinent horse health information in the palm of your hand,” Russo said.
Download the app for free on the Apple App Store by searching for EQStable.
About GlobalVetLINK (GVL®)
GlobalVetLINK was founded in 2001 and is the nation’s leader in electronic animal health records, providing intuitive online certification solutions that enable animal health practitioners to quickly and accurately create professional health records. Animal health practitioners and their clients can manage their records at any time and from anywhere with Internet access. GlobalVetLINK system uniquely connects veterinarians, animal owners, animal diagnostic laboratories, industry partners, and government officials to improve overall animal wellness and safety. GVL’s services embrace both companion and food animal health practitioners to establish protocols that will help improve their business in all aspects including saving money and time.
Zoetis (zō-EH-tis) is the leading animal health company, dedicated to supporting customers and businesses focused on raising and caring for livestock and companion animals. Building on a 60-year history as the animal health business of Pfizer Inc., Zoetis discovers, develops, manufactures and markets veterinary vaccines and medicines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. The company generated annual revenues of $4.3 billion in 2012. It has more than 9,300 employees worldwide and a local presence in approximately 70 countries, including 29 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries. Its products serve veterinarians, livestock producers and people who raise and care for livestock and companion animals in 120 countries. For more information, visit ZoetisUS.com.
|Wendy Irvine||Wynnie Zuchowski|
|Zoetis||Bader Rutter & Associates|